3.20.2006

How can you be mad when they are so cute?!

Today, Zane and I had it out. I had said "no" to him having the keys to the car (for obvious reasons!). He went into his rampage and began with knocking over the garbage can. After he wouldn't pick up the garbage he knocked over, I told him he would have to go to his room. So of course he ran off to hit the living room blinds. At that point, I was screaming that he had to go to his room, and I physically picked him up and took him there. After standing outside the door for a minute (mostly so I could calm down), I went in and yelled (over his screams of course - NOT effective, I know) about how he is not to knock over the garbage can or hit the blinds. Of course, this led to him physically pummelling my head by his hands. So, after going back out of the room for another minute, I came back in and was sufficiently calm to hug him and talk to him some more. After our short talk about his behavior, I told him I was sorry for yelling. A minute went by. Then he says "I sorry I cried at you." How cute. So of course, I said "I love you very much." He said "me too." That just made me cry, he never really responds well to stuff we say to him (almost never in fact!). I told him "I love you Zane, thank you for making me feel better." He said "I love you too mommy," then looked at me and said "mama you sad?". I said, "No, I'm happy now, you told me you were sorry, and made me feel better." He said "I get you kleenex blow your nose." What a sweet kid. Maybe we are doing something right.

No comments: